Day 27 | Thank you Betty!

I was assigned Lil Rippers at the morning meeting and my fellow Instructor, Betty, could tell from the look on my face that I did not want to take the class.  She offered to switch with me and even though she was assigned Level Ones, I still made the switch.

We had 7 Lil Rippers in Snow School and they joined 45 other Riders.  We were short a couple of Instructors so the sign-in process was a little mixed up.  Once it was all organized, I ended up with two level three's and I couldn't have been happier.

We spent the morning doing what we always do:  taking a run and then moving kids into different classes.  Once it was sorted, we were able to squeeze in one run from the Alpine before our early lunch.  Conditions from mid-station down were hard packed snow, in the form of mostly ice.  The conditions from the Roundhouse down to Emerald Chair were soft packed snow with slight moguls on the green groomers.

My kids worked hard at correcting their counter-rotation so I treated them to a run through Marmot Trees. Because the wind was whipping and it was freezing on the Emerald Chair, we ran down to the CLC for a break then back up to the Alpine for one last run through Marmot Trees again.  The day went by fast and the kids were fun.

0 comments: