Day 5 - the hardest ride so far

24 days into the season and I'm only on Day 5. The quest is starting off pretty slow. After spending a week in Mexico, my Kiwi friend Simon (who already has 13 ski days under his belt) said it best when he said, "You have more days on the beach since opening day than you do on the mountains!" How true. I was so psyched about the snow season before we left for Mexico. Today I wouldn't mind giving up the 100 day quest and going back to the beach! It's amazing how quickly the hot sun can change your perspectives. Since I can't live on a beach, being in Whistler is the next best thing. I have to admit though, I had a hard time dragging my butt up the Blackcomb Gondola today and getting a run in. It was cold, it was foggy, and the conditions weren't the best. Lots of ice below mid-mountain. I managed to get up the Excalibur chair and make my way back down to the office via some blue trails on Blackcomb. Weather forecast says 20cm of fresh powder overnight. I'm planning on spending an hour or two on the slopes tomorrow. Hopefully that will get me back into the swing of winter. If not, at least I'm snowboarding with a tan!! : )

0 comments: