Day 118 | heavenly pow

A bit of a storm blew through Whistler last night, leaving heaps of fresh powder to enjoy on Blackcomb this morning.  Unfortunately, I didn't make it up in the morning, but I did make it up for the afternoon and met Aimee at the top of Solar around noon.  She told me about the awesome fresh lines she took down Ross's Gold and other amazing runs she had first thing in the morning (which these days starts at 10am).

I followed her down Easy Out and we headed toward the now empty Terrain Garden.  Nice choice of a run because I got a fresh line through the entire park!  I would estimate there was about 6 inches of fresh snow at this level.  By the time we reached the top of Solar Coaster again, the light for 7th Heaven was shining green!  We raced over to 7th and hopped on the chair.

Visibility at the top was a bit fogged in.  It wasn't great but it wasn't dizzying horrible either.  We managed to make our way down the cat track and find plenty of fresh lines through Hugh's Heaven and Cloud Nine.  The picture of me pointing is referencing the four tracks Aimee and I made in the two runs we took down this line.  Pretty sweet for May!!  

After our second run through 7th, the snow was pretty chopped up so we decided to head down the other side.  We hit Blue Line and dropped off the cat track once we had a bit of visibility.  Again, fresh trracks all the way down to the Tbars.  It was sweet.  We traversed our way over to Staircase, where I had a bit of a hard time getting down because it was mogully with a bit of ice underneath and I was exhausted.  My seasonal clock is telling me snowboarding time is over.  It's screaming to me: "It's time for summer activities!"  Damn I'm on Day 118 and it's only May 3rd.  I could get close to 150 days if I really tried.  Anyway, by the time Aimee returned from her restroom break at Glacier Lodge, I was done.  We rode Zig Zag down to the gondola where we had to download since there is not enough snow to take us to Base II anymore.

0 comments: