Day 120 | the fun park is small

Spring has definitely sprung and it's time for some park sessions.  Met up with Aimee before noon and we headed to the park.  First run was through the small park... which isn't really a park.  It's a small jump and an easy box.  That's it.  Nothing else.  Honestly, I wasn't feeling it most of the day so I followed Aimee through the large park on Blackcomb hitting a couple of spines here and there but nothing else.  We ran into a fellow instructor friend:  Rusty.  Did a few laps with him.  Aimee wanted to practice a few spins back in the small park so this time, I hit the small jump and immediately thought, "that's too easy for me now".  Next ride up the chair, I told Aimee I was ready for the medium jump.

There are a few jumps in the big park that are described as MEDIUM but the transitions aren't that much bigger than the SMALL jumps back in the Whistler Park.  Of course, the first two I tried, I went way too slow and landed on the flat parts.  No biggee since it's spring and everything is super soft.  Next time through I hit the easiest one, with enough speed to clear to the transition.  It was super easy and looking back at the photo, the jump isn't even that big.

We ended the day in the small park, hiking up a couple of times after we hit the one jump.  Aimee was working on 360's and I was working on switch 180.  We stayed out until almost 4pm.  It was sunny and warm ... just a perfect day.  I'm planning at least one more day in the park on Wednesday.  Going to work on the grabs so I look steezy in the photos! (like Aimee)    : )~


0 comments: