Day 6 | Kramey Jamer


We had plenty of staff lined up for the 23 snowboarders booked in for lessons.  It has snowed over 24cm (9 inches) again last night .... for the second night in a row.  I was stoked to find out I'd be teaching the level three class because that meant I could finally enjoy some fresh powder.

Jamey Kramer was teaching one level four girl so we decided to make it a day together since I only had two kids in the lower level.  We headed to the gondola and got to the Roundhouse by 10am.  I let Jamey lead the way with the kids while I enjoyed some free riding behind them.  I hit as much powder on the sides of the runs as I could.  It was awesome.  Everything was tracked out after a couple runs but the soft packed conditions were super fun to play on.

The weather was a mixed bag of everything.  Sneak peaks of the sun in the morning.  Then a few low clouds came in fogging things up for a couple of runs.  After lunch the sun was shining like crazy.  Since it's that time of year when it gets dark super early, the sun hides behind the Peak around 1:30 making Whistler super cold from being in the shade.  But Blackcomb is still sunny for most of the day.  We chased the sun by taking the Peak to Peak over to Blackcomb and finished up our day on that side.  The kids were exhausted by 2:30pm.  Job well done!

 


2 comments:

Susan C said...

Love your pics!

Linda said...

Awesome pics!