Day 8 - Happy turkey/return back to work day

American Thanksgiving was late this year so getting back to work at the end of the month is a little tough on the pocket book.  But it finally came and we started the season off as quickly as the last season finished.  I had a request from a return boy named Andrei.  Andrei has been riding with me since he was five.  He is nine now and he is a level four.  I filled my class with three other boys, including handsome Ransome .... another kid who's been coming to lessons since he was four.  Ransome is seven now.

Blackcomb opened today and since I was pretty bored with riding Whistler with no new snow, I thought I'd relieve a bit of boredom by riding on Blackcomb.  Our first run down the green line was hard packed and icy.  Not fun at all.  The runs under the Solar Coaster weren't groomed and they ended up being pretty fun.  It wasn't powder by no means as it's been too warm but the snow was soft enough to somewhat enjoy.

After lunch it started to rain/snow/sleet so we took one lap down Whistler to the Village and then built a jump at the CLC where we spent the last 45 minutes.  It was a decent first day back to work.


0 comments: