Day 9 - Is it April yet?

Another busy day at Snow School and on the mountain.  American holiday is here!  We had about 35 Riders and I had level fours again.  It took a while to get sorted but in the end I had the same class of boys I had yesterday.  It was a weird weather day, dense fog at midstation up to the bottom of Emerald Chair and sunny / partly cloudy from Roundhouse to the chair.  I was happy to see the sun but as soon as I strapped on my board, I wanted to die ..... icy hard packed snow everywhere!  It was horrible.

On our first run, we headed to Franz.  There weren't too many tourists venturing over there first thing in the morning.  It was nothing but an ice skating rink until the cat track where it turned into instant slush.  After we got off the Red Chair, I decided to head over to Jolly Green Giant, thinking the snow might be softer.  Boy was I wrong.  Jolly Green wasn't groomed so I got the boys traversing on their edges over the huge moguls all the way down the run.  That was fun ... NOT!  I broke the run down into a couple of different exercises so the boys didn't complain about the conditions at all.  I was tired of the ice so we kept heading down after Green Chair where we ran into a wall of fog but at the least the snow was soft.  We spent the rest of our morning on the lower half of the mountain.  After lunch we took one run down Ego Bowl then headed to the CLC for our jump session.


0 comments: