Day 25 - sugar juice

Finally winter has started in Whistler.  We've had 53 inches (134cm) of snow in the last seven days.  Avalanche risk has been all over the place last week, including hitting a high extreme and chairlifts for Vail have not been co-operating but still people are here and people are happy to shred.

We had just under 40 kids in snowboard lessons.  Most of them, maybe all of them are from Australia and most of them are here for the next five days in lessons.  I was assigned to one kid as a level 5 so I was able to enjoy some nice soft powder and some fresh tracks for two runs straight away in the morning.  After lunch I joined him with the level six class who only had a couple of boys in the group.  I tailed a level 2 class on the Olympic Chair for one run then was dismissed early.  I headed up to the top of the gondola for one last lap.  I didn't find any fresh tracks but the snow was still nice and soft.  Another storm forecasted for tonight.

0 comments: