Day 28 & 29 - Missed all the good snow but also the freezing temps

I haven't been on the mountain for nine days.  Partly because I took a long weekend in Seattle and partly because the temps in Whistler have dropped to single digits (Fahrenheit) for almost a week.  I wasn't going outside in those temperatures.  But it also snowed during that time, it snowed quite a lot.  And when it's that cold, the snow is really light and it's the best snow ever.

Currently we have a base depth of 212cm.  Again, quite deceiving as I believe 100cm of that is man made from the first two months of the season's lack of snow.  Temps have also warmed up this week (too warm honestly) -- it was raining at the Roundhouse today (Monday).

Yesterday I reported back to Max 4 and took a nice level 3 lady from Seattle.  She tired quite quickly so we only did about four runs.  Today I was sent to Whistler Teens (formerly Ride Tribe) and had three level 2 kids who were all engaging and were turning by the end of the day.  I stayed relatively dry today considering it was really raining in the village first thing in the morning.

0 comments: