Day 3 - mmmm..... cookies!

This morning I was greeted at my morning meeting with fresh homemade cookies from my Hawaiian kid.  Nice surprise.  We had a whopping 15 kids in snowboard school today.  A far cry from the 50 we had last season.  My group was a Level 2 class which included my kid from yesterday and two other boys both from Washington.  The shredders were a little too good for the beginner area so we went to the Roundhouse and tried learning how to turn in the Alpine.  It was crazy crowded on the limited trails available but we managed not to get hurt, lost, or kill anybody.  It wasn't the most desirable terrain to learn how to turn (too steep) so we did a  lot of freeriding (just going straight and fast).  Kids love that!  It snowed in the Alpine all day but the snow was pretty wet at the bottom of Pig Alley.  I guess any snow is good snow so I'm not complaining.  All in all, I would call it a successful day. 

3 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

I need to know how Pig Alley got its name. Does one snort when they ride down it? Does it make your butt look big? Do they serve hotdogs at the bottom?

Ronia Nash said...

Actually you would never guess how it got its name (and you had some good guesses)!!

The snow depths are measured at Pig Alley. Back in the day, the guys who measured rode this old snowmobile up the trail that they called a "pig of a snowmobile" ... Thus, PIG ALLEY

Blondie said...

I'm not much of a snowboard fan having never snowboarded before but I AM a big cookie fan!! How were they? They look YUMMY!!!