Day 103 - what's up with the banana??

Sunday has been my favorite day since January.  I ride with Oak & Amalia, the coolest couple of kids who can really shred the pow.  It's an easy day, since I only have two kids, and the two of them are best friends … so there were times they didn't even know I was around because they were totally consumed in each other.  Today was my last Sunday with these two cool cats.  It was happy yet sad at the same time.  Happy to see how far their riding progressed throughout the season (especially Oak) and sad, well, sad because I will miss their cute smiling faces.

It was cloudy in Village when we started our day yet surprisingly sunny up top.  It had snowed 4cm and conditioned were soft packed and a bit powdery first thing in the morning.  We ran down the gondola line, into Enchanted Forest and through the School Yard.  We headed to Marmot trees before temps warmed up and ruined the snow.  We also took a lap through the Park.  By the time we finished all that, it was time for lunch.

After lunch, Amalia's dad wanted to ride with us so we followed him and Jonnie's team for a couple of laps through the Park.  My two kids got tired of them quickly and asked if we could ride alone.  I said sure and we hit the Park again.  Amalia crashed hard on a jump and was pretty shook up.  She rallied on and continued riding but I could see she was getting tired quickly.  I bought them a belgian waffle and we took a small break.  The day ended at Showcase Snowboards with stickers and saying our goodbyes.  Time flies and another season of Club has officially ended.  It was another great four months with lots of kids, lots of good riding, and lots of smiles.

0 comments: