Day 11 - Lil Rippers and a shadow

I bundled up today as temps are still falling but we haven't reached the super cold point yet.  I have no problem taking low levels when there isn't any new snow and when it's really cold outside.  I was assigned to Lil Rippers but also given a shadow.  A shadow is a first year Instructor who has to learn the ropes while hanging out with an old Instructor like myself.  It didn't sound like it was going to be a very difficult day giving we only had four Rippers signed in on reservations, but once we got them to the CLC and started teaching them about their bindings, I got the phone call that three more had just signed up and they were on their way up.

Most of the kids were keen to snowboard and most of them could do their own bindings up and stand up on their own.  But we did have a few who needed constant hands on attention.  They're the ones who exhaust you by the end of the day. 

No new snow fell overnight but Snow-Forecast is calling for 20inches Thursday night and Friday is my day off!

0 comments: