Day 102 - winter is still here

Another 10cm of snow fell overnight bringing our snow base to 371cm.  I didn't get a chance to ride the fresh stuff first thing in the morning but I heard there were tons of "face shots" in the Emerald zone.  It definitely isn't a normal April.  Weather was all over the map today with rain, clouds, fog, snow, and even some sun!

Things are winding down at Whistler Kids.  We had 16 kids in snowboard lessons and that included two Lil Rippers.  I was assigned to level two and only had two of them.  Both of them were turning on the small Magic Carpet so we took a lap to the Village before lunch.  We got caught in a torrential downpour on the lap and were soaked by the time we reached the Village.  We took a long lunch and headed up to the Roundhouse in the afternoon with Gillian and her level three kid.  I was hoping to give my two kids to Gillian and go home early but there was quite a significant split between the two groups so I ended up keeping my kids.  We did a couple laps in the Emerald Zone before they were completely exhausted.  We downloaded from the Roundhouse as the snow under green chair was really really wet and sticky.  We finished the day ripping back down to the Village.  Tomorrow we only have seven kids in lessons, with zero Lil Rippers, so I was called off.  But more snow is in the forecast for overnight.  We might hit a 400cm snow base before Whistler closes on Sunday.  

0 comments: