Day 95 - I thought I was on vacation

I put in for a week's vacation from work starting yesterday until the following Saturday.  Later in the evening I received an email asking if I could cover a Club class.  I didn't have much planned for the day at home, and I'm not planning on leaving the province for my holiday, so I decided to work.  Patrick hurt his back and he needed someone to take his young level fours for some rips.

We had 5cm of new snow overnight and it looks like the snowmageddon we had in March could be over.  The rest of this week looks fairly clear with warmer temps so maybe Spring has finally sprung. Once everyone arrived for lessons, only one of Patrick's kids showed up.  We started our warm up lap off the Roundhouse roll where we found patches of nice snow along with patches of crust (under the dust).  The groomers were hard packed.  It felt like a long way down to the CLC via Dave Murray and Tokum.  Anyway, to make a long story short, it turns out this one kid fit in perfectly with another Club group and since there was just one, Becky said it would be okay for him to ride with her class.  That gave me the green light to go home after lunch and save my time off for another day.

0 comments: