Day 7 - Whistler Kids

First day of work for the 2012-13 Season.  Time does fly.  It was nice to see the familiar faces.  We were all steezed in our new orange uniforms!!  Thirteen kids were signed up for snowboard lessons including one Lil Ripper.  I was assigned the Lil Ripper and I was a bit concerned about what I would do with a Ripper considering there wasn't much snow at the CLC.  To my surprise, WKids most infamous Lil Ripper, Ransome, rocked up.  Sweet.  That meant I was actually going to snowboard for the day since he is a level 3/4.

Ransome and I headed straight to the Roundhouse once everyone was signed in.  It took him most of the day to get back to speed with his turns.  He has a new larger board this season.  The snow was still amazing.  Super soft packed.  Temps were cold (-9°C) with light winds.  I was freezing.  Luckily Ransome didn't want to ride too much so we spent a fair amount of time at the CLC, building jumps and drinking hot cocoa.  Before I knew it, the day was over.  Not a bad first day.

0 comments: