Day 43 - Conquer fear is why we're here

In the last 48hrs, Whistler Blackcomb has received 53cm of snow.  Our snow base is currently at 369cm with another 20cm forecasted to fall tonight.  Unfortunately, visiting friends from back home kept me off the slopes for Friday and Saturday.  The snow on Saturday was unreal on Whistler according to Kevin who has fresh tracks through the Gun Barrels in Harmony.  He said it was the best run this season.

Anyway, today I was scheduled to float for Club and I knew all the regular coaches were going to be at work.  No one called in sick so Club didn't need me.  Destination only had 20 riders and they didn't need me either.  By 9:30 I was loaded on the Fitz Chair to meet Kevin at the Roundhouse.

My run down Raven was through super light powder and I was so pleasantly surprised that the light snow continued down to Emerald Chair.  Kevin and I lined up at the T-bar where we got a fresh line back down to the T-bar before heading over to Harmony.  Symphony cracked just before we loaded the chair so we found fresh amazing snow down Sunbowl.  Four or five laps through the Symphony trees where the snow was light and it was deep!!!

0 comments: