Day 53 - Down the Mountain

It's Easter Weekend and things are hopping in Whistler.  I'm scheduled to work the next seven days, today was day one (Saturday is normally my day off).  We had about 60 kids in snowboard lessons and I was assigned to level two.  I signed in five kids to my class card and got to the CLC around 9:30am.  We went the morning at the Covered Carpet where I somehow got all the kids doing J-turns onto their toes.  I decided that after lunch we would go to the Olympic Chair.  I had the feeling the Chair was going to be a gong show but somehow all the kids ended up staying in control and turning.  I was quite pleased.

Weather today was hot!  Sunny all day with 1cm overnight.  Snow base is currently at 325cm.  No idea how conditions were up top, but at Olympic Station the snow was soft packed.

0 comments: