Day 45 - condolences to WB Staff

Continued busy-ness in the Village with 56 kids in snowboard lessons.  I was assigned level 3's and quickly filled a class card of six.  Once we reached the CLC and got the kids sliding down the carpet, I actually had two level two's, one level one, and three level three's.  Another Instructor who was on my level had three kids from yesterday so I gave her my kids and started teaching level two's.  It was an easy day as I only had four of them.  With a late lunch, I quickly got bored of the Covered Carpet so took them for a few laps on the Super Carpet and then for a lap down to the Village.  They failed their turning test on the way down to the Village so we spent the afternoon back on Covered Carpet.

In other news, with all the snowfall on the mountains this season, gladed tree runs have become quite dangerous with super deep tree wells.  The Whistler Blackcomb family has lost a member of its staff today who had fallen into a tree well out in the 7th Heaven area and suffocated.  She was a member of the Whistler Kids management team working on Blackcomb.

0 comments: