Day 92 - fell right out of her boots

Destination was a bit slower today but my kids all came back, plus another six level threes showed up so Darren took the new kids and I took my returning kids.  No new snow overnight and it was cloudy all day.  I was glad I played around in the powder yesterday because there was no powder to play around in today.  But we could go through trees so we did that for fun instead.

The snow on the groomers was soft packed until the bottom of Emerald Chair.  The snow through the trees was nice and soft too.  We ran Enchanted Forest a couple times before lunch.  I actually did some teaching today …. we worked on advanced sliding turns and switch.  We also took a run through Marmot Trees.

I had a small 7 year old girl in my class the last couple of days.  When we started down Green Acres, I had the kids working on turning with their knees.  I was in the middle of the run when I saw a tiny snowboard speeding down the blue run, and then I did a double take when I noticed the kid's snowboard boots were still strapped to the snowboard.  Somehow, the girl literally snowboarded right out of her boots!!!!!  The poor girl was running down the hill in her tiny purple socks, crying of course.    It was no big deal in the end, but it was really weird.

0 comments: