Day 97 - in a fog

I was told to report to Ride Tribe once again today and again I was assigned a high level (four).  I signed in five kids, one of them I had yesterday, and Jonnie came up with us in case we had a split.  It was Blackcomb day so we spent the day on that mountain.

There was no new snow overnight but it was forecasted to snow 8-10cm throughout the day and it did snow throughout the day.  Unfortunately, a dense cloud hung over Blackcomb all day making the worst visibility and it was almost impossible to see.  Add to that, the wet snow/rain dripping off your goggles.  All that combined made for a long day.  It was quite frustrating to be honest.

I'm glad Jonnie came up for the split because we noticed right away that we had a significant split.  He took two fast kids and I kept three kids who had a hard time with the conditions of today.  My kids were quite tired by the end of the afternoon.  We took the Peak 2 Peak across to Whistler for our last run.  It was super busy over there!  By the time we reached mid-station, it was raining.  By the time we reached the Village, we were super soaked.  Fun times people.  Fun times.


0 comments: