Day 96 - Team America

Today was my Ride Tribe day (teen agers) and I was pleasantly surprised to learn I was assigned level three's.  I had four kids from the States and they were low level three's.  We started from the Roundhouse where conditions in the morning were freeeeezing!!!  The snow was soft packed on the green groomers throughout the Family Zone.  It was also pretty busy.  We lapped Ego Bowl and Whiskey Jack a couple of times before heading in for lunch early because we were all so cold.

After lunch, the sun tried poking through the clouds and temps had definitely warmed up in the hour we were inside.  The kids were starting to get a bit more confident on the greens so I decided to take them down some blues.  None of them will be heading to the Olympics anytime soon but they all improved as the day went on.  Our final lap was down to Tokum because that run consists of every grade of steep (green, blue, and a small section of black).  The kids were exhausted by 2:30 and I did my best to drag out the last run to finish as close to 3pm as possible.

0 comments: