Day 38 - proper pow day

20cm fell on Whistler this morning and this afternoon!!  Snow base back up to 202cm!!   Loads more snow forecasted to fall through the week into Sunday morning.

Early morning didn't indicate such an epic day.  It was raining in the Village, and only 1cm fell overnight.  Freezing levels were forecasted to be quite high.  We all thought it was going to be a very wet (rainy) day.  I was assigned to level fours and I wasn't happy with the thought of riding in the wet snow/rain but whatever.  I had a full class of six.

We unloaded the village gondola at the Roundhouse at 9:30am and walked into a full on blizzard!  It was snowing and it was snowing hard.  Nice snow to the bottom of Emerald Chair.  We spent a couple hours in the snow before heading in for lunch.

After lunch, we found super deep powder on my secret green stashes.  The snow was light.  The snow was up to our knees.  To be fair, I think most of it was windblown into that area but after reading how much it snowed during the day, I'm not sure if it was all windblown.  In any care, it was a full on proper pow day and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

0 comments: