Day 43 - slow is the new fast

Monday Monday.  Snow report is saying that 14cm of snow fell in the last 24 hours but the measured snow base was only five cm higher than the other day, and is now resting at 278cm.  After yesterday's perfect storm and no alpine access for the weekenders, Patrol was able to open everything on Whistler and Blackcomb today except for the Glacier Chair.  I would imagine there were some happy people who got a couple fresh laps off of Peak Chair or Harmony.

I reported back to Destination and was assigned to level fours.  I was happy my Supervisor gave me a high level class and I ended up with a class of three girls.  It was a super chill day shredding around looking for fresh powder.  We weren't allowed in the trees or up Peak Chair so we were kind of limited.  Luckily I know a few places in the easier zones where fresh powder can usually be found.  The temps must have cooled down overnight because the snow was super soft and super fun.

0 comments: