Day 40 - breakfast and powder

I requested today off as it was forecasted to snow and I wanted to freeride with some friends.  We received 22cm overnight and the snow base is now at 232cm.  I made plans to ride with Bea and Jeremy.  They aren't early morning shredders and I didn't need to wake up earlier than a work day on a day off so I didn't mind sleeping in and having a lazy morning.  Bea and Jeremy made a nice breakfast for us and we headed to the Village around 10am.

The lift lines were still pretty long at that time.  We decided to head up Blackcomb.  It was super windy with clouds sweeping through quickly changing light and conditions.  We headed up Jersey Cream and found lots of soft snow down Bark Sandwich.  Up Solar and more soft snow near GMC race center as we headed towards Crystal Chair.  Had a great time on Ridge Runner and through Arthur's Choice.  I kind of wished I got in line early to make some fresh tracks but the snow was nice enough where I didn't care too much.  More snow in the forecast for the next five days.

0 comments: