Day 46 - JAPANuary

The last seven days have been, by far, the best snow we've had in Whistler for a long time.  Nearly seven feet of snow has fallen in the past seven days.  But not just any kind of snow:  perfect champagne snow.  It's deep.  No matter where you go off piste, it's deep!  Snow is still forecasted to fall this week, however freezing levels are going up so the conditions will probably get a bit heavy.

I was scheduled for Club and they did not need me.  I reported to Destination and by 11:30am, they told me they did not need me.  I met up with Irish at the Roundhouse around 12:30.  He was riding with Kalen and a bunch of his buddies.  We did a lap down Whiskey Jack - by this time the temps had started riding and the snow was getting quite chunky and heavy.  We ran down Dave Murray, where the snow was not as chunky and quite a bit nicer.  Next we jumped onto Bear Paw, and into the glades called Unsanctioned.  It was absolutely amazing in there.  I haven't been in there for years.  I was glad to get back in and remember it was an option that I had forgotten about.


0 comments: