Day 53 - Fresh Tracks

Whistler Fresh Tracks is an upgraded lift ticket that allows access up the gondola an hour before the regular lift tickets. Once at the Roundhouse, you are treated to an all-u-can-eat breakfast buffet. Better yet, once avalanche control has cleared the area, you are the first ones on the slopes (making fresh tracks). Quite a popular attraction when it snows about 2ft the night before.

I was given a fresh tracks ticket about a month ago at work for a teambuilding meeting. Unfortunately, I was ill that day and didn't get to spend breakfast (or the riding) with my co-workers. The ticket was good for any day so I thought today would be a good day to use it. I asked my buddy Simon to join me. Naturally he was up for a good ski and we met at 7:15am.

After breakfast we headed toward the Red Chair. The groomers had about an inch or two of powder on top of them and when you carved, you could feel the corduroy underneath. We were one of the last one's in line so by the time we hit Big Red, some people were already unloading from the Creekside Gondola. We took another quick run down to Garbonzo. There weren't many people on the runs, it was super quiet, and super peaceful. By the time we got up Garbonzo, it was 9am and decided we better head back to the office. Once at the bottom of Whistler, we forgot about the President's Day crowd still standing in line at the gondola. ugh! these tourists are killing me!!

Day 53 was early but well worth it. It snowed all day today and I'm hoping for it to snow all night. Plan for another early ride tomorrow.

yum, yum .... good breakfast

0 comments: