Day 54 - Last day tied to a desk

Let me start by saying, "I AM A DUMBAZZ!" -- For the past 50 days, I've been doing all my riding at lunch ... late in the afternoon vs. first thing in the AM. Getting out for a run during the day broke up my work day and helped it go by faster. I thought taking a run first thing in the morning would make my day drag on. The last two days I've been up on the slopes early and the difference between early morning riding and late afternoon riding is INCREDIBLE!!! Getting first tracks in the morning is awesome. Today (Day 54) there was about 6inches of fresh powder. Every trail I was on, I made fresh tracks all the way down the run. I can't believe I didn't know anything about this earlier ..... like I said: I am a dumbazz!

Anyway, today was my last day at the office. No more desk job.... which makes me feel even more stupid because now I won't have any more opportunities to get out and ride early unless I show up for Fresh Tracks. On the bright side, I will be out on the slopes every day instructing. And maybe I can talk Kevin into getting up extra early one weekend after a big snowfall ......

0 comments: