Day 56 - Symphony Powder

Kevin and I woke up fairly early today and headed up to Whistler. We had planned to do fresh tracks (knowing there would be a good 6inches ... at least! Of fresh powder) but when the alarm went off at 5am, we both said "FORGET IT" and rolled back over in our warm comfy bed. Unfortunately, the snow was sooo awesome today that we totally regretted not getting up the hill early to enjoy the fresh powder. I estimated there was a good 6-10inches of new stuff.

When we made it through the long line at the Creekside Gondola, the line at the Red Chair was just as crowded. We decided to take a warm up run down to Garbonzo. Thinking Symphony: we went from Garbonzo down to Franz and up the Peak Chair to traverse over to Harmony.

When we hit Symphony, it was O MY GOD awesome!! I was literally up to my knees in snow through some of the untouched tree runs. We stayed in Symphony til 2pm when the front rolled through and completely blocked our visibility. I have to admit, I was the first to call "last run" today. Kevin was firing on two burners today and shredded through that POW with no problems at all. After a full day of tree running, I was pretty wiped out. Day 56 was awesome. It puts a smile on my face to know we are only half way through our season. : )

0 comments: