Day 60 - Back to schools

Today, Day 60, was nothing exciting..... as far as riding goes. I worked back at Base 2 for Schools and my group was Level 1 high school kids. I started with 10 in my group. One kid immediately got sick (puked) and one girl cut her finger pretty bad on the edge of her snowboard. So I was down to 8. These kids were great. I kept them on the Magic Carpet for most of the day working on side-slipping. By the afternoon, we took three runs down the "bunny hill". One kid worked really hard on his riding and wanted to do a 180 jump. He took about 5 attempts at it but didn't land anything. He had a blast trying though. At the end of the day, the kids all said they had fun and they all learned something. Apparently, last year, some instructor stuck them on a snowboard, pointed them down the hill and said come back up on the Magic Chair. They all said they quit after an hour. I think I succeeded in renewing their interest in snowboarding. They want to get a season pass for next year and come up once a week.

0 comments: