Day 3 | Hiked Harmony

Day three on the mountain and we haven't had any fresh snow since before opening day.  Nevertheless, I still have to get my legs in shape so I met with KCooper at Creekside around 10am and we headed up to shred.  We ran into Pip and Jordan at Red Chair just as we were strapping in.  Perfect timing.

The lift up Red Chair was a bit chilly as temps were around 12°-15°F but with no wind, it didn't feel that cold.  Nothing was groomed except for the cat track that winds through the park and down to Emerald.  We all ran that pretty fast which was actually fun.  After a second run in the same area, KCooper asked me if I wanted to hike Harmony.

"What the hell", I said.  It was better than riding crowded ground up groomers all day.  So we exited Green Chair and started hiking up Pika's Traverse.  It took me about 45minutes to reach Harmony Ridge and I was sweaty and tired by the time I made it.  I was crossing my fingers the ride down was going to be worth the hike up.

After taking a few photos (and a breather) atop Harmony Ridge we strapped on and headed down to Krummholz.  The snow in this area was virtually untouched and it was close to knee deep.  The run from the ridge to Krummholz was amazing!  We landed on the top of Gun Barrels and they looked good so we took some freshies through the trees.  Oh my god it was just amazing!  Definitely worth the hike.  We finished up with another short fresh pow run to the cat track and made it to Harmony Chair without unstrapping.  WOW!  It was pretty cool.  Definitely worth it.  Made me wish we had time in the day to do it again.

After the hike, we grabbed some lunch then headed to the Creekside Gondola to download and call it a day.  What a great day!  Way better than hitting crowded groomers for hours.  Lots and lots of snow is in the forecast so fingers crossed for some better riding mid week.




0 comments: