Day 8 | ratio of 5:1

About 30 kids in Snowboard School including five Lil Rippers.  Gillian and I volunteered to take the little ones.  No biggie as the freezing level was past the Roundhouse and it's suppose to "snow" up to 90cm in a 24 hour period.   

Everyone was sorted with classes by 9:30am and about an hour later, Gunner informed me that the new ratio of Lil Rippers to Instructor is now five to one.  Meaning, one Instructor has to take five Lil Rippers!  and since we had five kids, one of us had to go home.  I volunteered since Irish was riding and I was toying with taking a run with him.  I was told I could leave around noon (or after lunch).  

Of course, the notion of having five Lil Rippers to one Instructor is just ludicrous, especially when the ratio of regular age kids to Instructor is only six to one.  I could spend several paragraphs telling you why it's not possible for one Instructor to take on five 4-6 year olds but I won't bore you with the details.  

Anyway, I spent the morning with the kids and Gillian.  We came in for a break around 11am and stayed inside until a bit after noon.  I couldn't let Gillian take the kids on her own so I decided to stay and help her for most of the afternoon (unpaid) -- I finally left around 2pm.  By this time it was pouring rain at the CLC and I downloaded in the gondola and met up with Shrek and Irish for a nice coffee at The Lift.  Tomorrow I am definitely not taking a Lil Rippers class!   

0 comments: