Day 10 | iLike Sunny Days

Mondays and Tuesdays are my days off from work and this week I took them off from riding as well.  I was suppose to work today but because we only had one snowboarder signed up for lessons, I was told to stay home.

About 17cm of fresh snow fell overnight and the sun had decided to pay us a visit.  It was a beautiful blue bird day with a bit of an inversion ... meaning suitable temperatures up top.  I met up with Pippa and Nathan at the light board around 11am.  The snow was decent, packed powder, on the groomers.  With the recent warm temps in the Alpine, there was some crust underneath some fresh snow here and there but nothing too bad.  Pippa wasn't feeling too well so she bailed after two runs.  Nate and I rode til about 1pm then decided to call it a day in order to walk the dogs.

More sun scheduled for the next five days.  Also there are no kids booked in Snowboard School so I have another day off tomorrow.  Peak Chair opens Friday and Harmony Chair opens Saturday.  I'm hoping to be able to get Friday off as well and get in line for fresh tracks off the Peak.  Fingers crossed.

0 comments: