Day 11 | Ziptrek'ers

I was scheduled to do an RST with Whistler Kids at 10am but when I arrived at the CLC (15 min late), I was told it was cancelled.  Not cool.  I wasn't too upset as my plans were to meet up with Anna and Georgie from Ziptrek at the Super Carpet for noon.

I hung around the CLC for about a half hour then decided to head up top for one run before grabbing my free lunch back at work.  It was cloudy for most of the afternoon.  No new snow overnight.  The runs are starting to get hard packed.  Having no snow will eventually do that.  I ran down Whiskey Jack to Olympic and then back to the CLC for some salad.

Georgie and Anna met me around noon.  Georgie is an avid boarder while Anna has never been on snow in her life (silly Australian).  She picked up a cheap used board, bought some new boots and bindings and was excited to give the sport a try.  We spent two hours on the Super Carpet and Anna was amazing.  She could zig zag on both her edges by the time we finished.  I gave her some tips and skills to practice for the next time she heads up.  We finished up with a drink at the Dubhlin Gate where we ran into Petr and Mark from Ziptrek.

0 comments: