Day 23 | You're fired because .....

I was assigned level fours today and I was super excited at the thought of getting to strap on my snowboard today.  There were another 75 kids signed up for lessons (7 Lil Rippers).  Devon took the first class of level fours that showed up and Kat had a level four AC class.  By 9:10am, it was looking like I wasn't going to get a class so I offered to help Morgan with six Lil Rippers.  We rocked over to the gondola around 9:15am.  Winds were whipping in the Alpine and the village gondi was running slow and stopping constantly.  The line up was insane!  (We got on the gondola at 10:10am!!!!)  About 15 minutes after Morgan and I got in line, Dave showed up behind us with a level four kid and he ended up teaching the two level fours that I should have taught if I hadn't volunteered to teach Lil Rippers.  Argh!  Such is my life.

I'm not complaining as working with Morgan equals working an easier day.  He's great with the younger kids as he keeps them highly entertained and he is always motivated.  By the time we reached the CLC in the morning, it was almost 10:30am so there wasn't much time for snowboarding before lunch.  All six kids were very well behaved and a few of them were pretty good riders.  We spent most of the afternoon outside playing and riding in the snow.  The day went by pretty fast.  The weather in the Alpine was super windy with white outs and a full on blizzard at one point ... so I guess I didn't fair too bad teaching the Lil Rippers today. 



base - 178cm / 70"

0 comments: