Day 24 | I can see my hotel from here

This was it!  I was finally assigned level three's and I put myself in prime position to sign up the first class of level threes that showed up.  After talking with the first three kids who said they moved up to level three yesterday, I quickly realized that my three class was actually going to be a two class because the Instructor they had yesterday moved them up when they haven't even left the Magic Carpet yet.  Needless to day I wasn't too thrilled with that, but also I didn't want the kids to spend another day at the CLC so I took a class of four level twos and we hit the Olympic Chair immediately.

It was really cold today with no new snow overnight.  Conditions under the Olympic Chair weren't too bad.  Hard packed snow but not icy.  The kids did their best turning but clearly needed a couple runs on the Super Carpet to figure out which way to turn.  We snuck in two laps on the Carpet then I decided to take them down to the village.

We had a late lunch today which was nice.  We managed to squeeze in a lot of snowboarding in the AM. I lost one girl to Patrol who hurt her wrist and spent most of the day with only three kids.  By the time the day finished, the two kids who had been here all week finally got their turning confident and they ended as true level threes by the end of the day.

I am definitely not in snowboarding shape at all.  My feet, knees and legs were hurting by the end of the day.  I hope I'm able to keep getting classes who can ride.  One kid from today is coming back tomorrow and Mom is suppose to request me so hopefully I'll be able to go into the Alpine tomorrow.

0 comments: