Day 20 | Private Kids

My schedule was changed to work Privates today.  I hate working Privates because I never get work.  When I checked my schedule at 8:45am, I was still unassigned ... meaning I wasn't booked for a lesson.  A regular Privates Instructor was booked for three kids, never-evers.  He apparently couldn't be bothered taking the class as he offered it up to me and I was more than happy to take the kids for the full day lesson.  It was easier than having a full class of six in Kids.

The three kids were from Hawaii.  Two nine year old boys and one seven year old girl, a friend and a brother and sister.  We started off learning how to skate and crab walk under the Super Carpet.  One kid strapped on his board and could basically turn right away.  He was amazing.  The other two (the brother and sister) were also pretty good.  They all had good balance.

We spent the morning on the Super Carpet where it snowed all day.  We haven't had snow in over two weeks so it was a welcomed and much needed surprise.  Moms and Dads showed up on the Carpet just before lunch - lucky for me since none of the kids had money for lunch and I had to ask the parents for money for them.  I took the kids to the Roundhouse around noon and we had something to eat.

By the time we finished lunch and downloaded back to mid-station, there was only about an hour left to the lesson.  Of course I was hoping for a nice tip ($$) since these kids were in a Private lesson, but nothing!  Very disappointing ... but I had a good day, the kids were well behaved,  and I was able to work so it was all fine.  

0 comments: