Day 21 | All a board

It finally snowed .... 13 centimeters!!  Not much but every little bit helps.  I was hoping to finally get a class that could go up to the Alpine but I quickly found out I had a shadow and the bosses want you teaching lower level (CLC) classes when you have a shadow.  Do Darren (from Scotland) and I grabbed three kids in level one.

It was an easy day as splitting three kids between two people isn't too difficult.  We started the kids on their toe edge and worked on that until lunch.  In the afternoon, we turned them around and got them on their heels.  The Mini's were kind of taking over the Magic Carpet so we decided to hike to the Super Carpet.  That went over well as the kids improved quite a bit over there.  After working with Privates, I realize a level one class can learn just as well on the adult Carpet as they can on the kids' carpet.  In fact, it's better because the Super Carpet is so much longer.

The day went by faster than I expected.  Darren was a great shadow and he'll do just fine as an Instructor. The kids had a great time with him as he was very hands on.  Today was my last day of work for awhile. I'm heading home to celebrate the holidays with my family back in the States.  I'm going to miss out on 14 days of shredding.  Hopefully I will still make it to 100 ..... Merry Christmas and I'll be back soon.


1 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

Well hopefully you will come back to lots of snow. I'm kind of glad we don't have any here in MA but I am keeping my fingers crossed for Whistler!