Day 4 | Hangin' with Hawaii'ans

My friends from Hawaii are in town for their annual time share in Whistler and it was a great day to get out and snowboard with the whole family.  It snowed 7 inches last night and although I heard the runs were epic first thing in the morning, I loved teaching my friends how to snowboard at the Super Carpet.

Izayah and Dad were on top of their game and were able to turn down the beginner area with ease.  Mom and Raicey spent their time zig zagging and getting use to the slippery snow underneath the board.  Everyone did amazing.  We spent about two hours on the carpet then headed up to the Roundhouse for lunch.

After we ate, Izayah and I strapped on our boards and headed down Ego Bowl while the rest of the family downloaded in the gondola.  You might recall Izayah is the boy I've taught every year at this time for the last three years.  He's moved to Washington a few months ago so he's hoping to snowboard a lot more often now.  We ran down Ego Bowl past the Emerald Chair and continued into the Olympic Chair area where there was a ton of fresh deep snow.  We called it a day ourselves once we hit the Super Carpet again.

Forecast is calling for 45-60cm of powder overnight!!  It's been puking all afternoon as well.  I'm planning on getting first chair at Creekside tomorrow before meeting up with Izayah and his dad at 10am.


0 comments: