Day 102 | last day of fresh tracks

It was the last day for Fresh Tracks and since Irish had two tickets left, we woke up early and made it for breakfast.  We both had to work so we only had time for one run but it was a nice run.  Corduroy all the way from the Roundhouse to the Village and no one else on the runs.

When I showed up at work, I was assigned level fours and it didn't take too long before I had a full class of six.  We took one run from the top of Whistler down to the bottom then went up Blackcomb and spent the morning on Blackcomb.  When it was time for lunch, we took the P2P across where we were separated from one kid at the split between Whiskey Jack and Old Crow.  To make it worse, his Flaik was dead and we couldn't "see" where he was.  I ended up riding down to the CLC with the rest of my class, got them squared away with lunch and within 15 minutes we found the lost kid.  He was at the Roundhouse with a Max4 group.  I grabbed my gear and headed up to meet him while Morgan took care of the rest of my kids at the CLC until they finished their lunch and met us at the Roundhouse.

Morgan and I stuck together for most of the afternoon, heading back to Blackcomb where we did the BorderX track and the terrain garden.  We split up for the last run down where I took an easy cruising blue.  I have a bit of a split in my class.  One guy should probably be with the level threes but since he spent the entire day with us in fours, I hate to put him down now.

It was definite Spring conditions.  Super warm all the way to the top.  The snow was nice in the morning but by mid-afternoon it was soft.  Not slushy soft but soft where it was chunky and it just threw you around.

0 comments: