Day 98 | 24 inches 24 hours

It's April 3rd and Whistler Blackcomb has just passed the 400cm mark for its base of snow.  That means there is 409 centimeters (or 13 feet) of snow on the top of the mountain .... which is crazy for April!  Twenty four inches fell in the last 24 hours.

I picked up my two Adventure Campers and one Destination kid around 9am and rocked up to the Roundhouse.  The gondola was running slow as winds were gusting.  The visibility was bad as it was also snowing like crazy.  The Alpine never opened.

Since my kids were only level three, I wanted them to enjoy the powder but I didn't want them to get so stuck in the powder that they hated it.  We dropped off Whiskey Jack and they managed to get through that powder fairly easily.  We then ran into Ego Bowl where the snow was up to my knees in some parts.  We spent the day running mostly blue runs and the snow was everywhere.  It was so deep.  I couldn't believe how much snow was up there for April.  My kids were really fun and even though they had to dig themselves out of some powder a couple times, they still had a blast.

I exhausted the boys by 2pm so we took a break at the CLC before heading down to the Village to end the day.   I took a video of me on Ego Bowl to give an idea of how much snow we have.  Today was one of those days where I can say I love my job.  My kids were great, there was only three of them, and the conditions were amazing.  I love my job.

    

0 comments: