Day 113 - Big Jugs

Things are winding down in Snow School, only 12 Riders came for lessons with another 6 Lil Rippers.  I was assigned level fours and wasn't expecting to get a class.  Suddenly I remembered a kid I had last year was signed up for the week and he was a level four.  Around 8:30am, Finn rocked up and we ended up riding with another kid named, Ronan.

2cm of snow fell overnight and I wasn't expecting much in terms of powder.  The forecast was calling for sun all day and warm temps in the Alpine (+ 4°C) so I knew the afternoon was going to be nice.  We strapped in our bindings and headed down for our first run around 9:30am.  We went down Ego Bowl and were pleasantly surprised to find some nice powder off the groomers.  We spent our short morning running down Green Acres, on the groomer and through the trees.  Even hitting some side jumps here and there.

After lunch the boys wanted to go to the Terrain Garden on Blackcomb so we took the Peak 2 Peak over and met up with Aimee, who was riding alone.  We ripped through the TG three times, where both boys improved on their jumping skills.  Back over to Whistler to finish the day at the CLC on the box working on board slides.  Both guys are coming back tomorrow and I'm pretty confident I will be able to take them again.  I'm hoping no one else comes with the group as the two boys fit together really well skills wise, and they're really chill/cool to hang out with.

0 comments: