Day 12 - Please, no more rain!

I was called off yesterday and I didn't complain.  It rained (poured) all day and although the winds weren't as high as Tuesday, conditions were still just as terrible.  This morning the rain stopped and 9cm of snow was reported overnight.

We had the same seven kids signed up for lessons and I was assigned level 3 and ended up with Greg, the same kid I had on Monday.  Terrain was limited in the morning with Olympic Chair being closed, the run to the Valley was "marginal", Olympic run from Emerald to mid-station was "marginal", and Expressway was closed.  Greg and I headed up to the Roundhouse and managed to do three runs lapping the Emerald Chair before we needed to download for lunch.

Conditions at mid-station were horrible, with lots of "rivers" running across the area.  I think there is more dirt than snow.  Conditions at the Roundhouse weren't bad.  In fact, it looked like a winter-wonderland from the gondola but the runs were actually hard packed.  There was about 6 inches of fresh heavy pow in the areas that weren't groomed and I managed to get a couple of first pow turns in on the side of Ego Bowl.




 

0 comments: