Day 23 - xray snow goggles

I had my AC kids meet a little earlier today because I wanted to ride on Blackcomb in the morning.  By 8:45am we were on the Whistler gondola heading up to start our day.  We needed to stop off at the CLC to get our group picture taken then we continued up to the Peak 2 Peak.

I wanted to ride Blackcomb today because I wanted the kids to start riding more blue runs.  I've always had a split in the class but the split is getting bigger and bigger as the week goes on.  One girl is painfully slow and doesn't take risks at all.  In fact, she starts to freak out when I challenge her on tougher terrain.  She didn't have an incredibly strong day today.  She fell a lot, cried a few times, and if anything, she stepped her riding back more than she improved.

It was a blue bird day with low lying scattered clouds.  The views were amazing.  It's Christmas Eve and there weren't a lot of people out on the slopes.  4cm of snow fell overnight and the runs were soft packed, though Whistler felt softer than Blackcomb.


0 comments: