Day 21 - Let the crazy begin

It's the holiday season.  The crazy crowds have reached Whistler Blackcomb.  Snowboarding has Adventure Camp for the next two weeks and I was given a level three class.  We had 20 kids in Camp with another 6 Lil Rippers.  I never did find out how many Destination riders we had.

I spent most of my morning sorting out my class and making sure they were in the right level with the right kids.  The most we accomplished before lunch was a rip down to the Village from mid-station.  Conditions there were hard packed with icy spots.

After lunch we went to the Family Zone from the Roundhouse.  Conditions up there were soft packed which gave the kids a bit more confidence with turns.  We received another 9cm overnight and winds were light.  We managed to squeeze in two runs before heading back to the CLC for a break and then we hit the jump.  It was a long wait in line to download at the end of the day but my kids' parents were ready and waiting when we reached the Village so sign-out went quite quickly.  I'm looking forward to having the same kids all week.  Hoping they reach level four by Thursday.

0 comments: