Day 26 - another group of AC'ers

I had a very restful two days off and recovered for another week of Adventure Camp.  Whistler Kids is crazy busy this week with 250 Destination skiers and close to 70 Riders (including Adventure Camp).  I was assigned Level fours AC and though I was happy, I was also annoyed because the snow conditions right now are terrible.  No new snow in a couple days, no new snow forecasted AT ALL, and runs are super icy.

Today was a cold one.  -16C on top the mountain.  Four level 4's signed in with me and Lur quickly took one as he only had one level five and the two boys rode together last week.  That left me with one regular girl from Vancouver (Caileigh) and two older boys.  After a long sign in process and an even longer wait in line to get up the gondola, we managed to squeeze in a run from Ego Bowl back to the CLC to warm up before having to head back out.  I quickly gave my girl to a level three class as the runs were too icy for her to turn down.  That left me with a couple of pretty quick boys and no idea where to take them for something fun.

In the afternoon, we followed Gunner and Lur through the Terrain Park for a couple laps.  That was more of a nightmare than anything else.  The park is so hard packed right now, but the boys had fun.  We finished by 3pm and downloaded before the mega-line queued up for downloads.

The snow base now is 120cm.  Hoping to run through Harmony tomorrow and find some softer snow to play around in.  It's going to be a long week in these conditions.

0 comments: