Day 24 - a box of surprises (Merry Christmas)

In keeping with tradition, Irish and I headed up Whistler for the Fresh Tracks breakfast.  I invited Pippa and my temporary roommate Kadey to come along.  We all met up at the gondola for 7am.  It was a clear morning with low lying clouds and we were greeted with an amazing sunrise.

Because I had to work, I had to eat and run.  I met with my kids just before 9am.  We went straight to the top of the gondola and the weird/amazing day began.  We got to enjoy five snow-rainbows.  One of my girls had a bit of a mental breakdown so it took us a very very long time to get back to the CLC.  After a quick hot chocolate break, we took a quick lap to the Village and then came in for lunch.

The afternoon was fun as the girl who was having a difficult last couple of days, decided to go home.  She was a huge split in the class.  After lunch, we were able to do two full laps of Whiskey Jack, Orange Peel, Dave Murray hitting most of the jumps along the way.  We saw two white doves off of Dave Murray.  On Whiskey Jack, we stopped at the SLOW sign and got some Hersheys Kisses from the Safety "elves".

We finished at the CLC around 2:30pm.  Chris spent some time on the jump that Gunner built before we stood in the long download queue.  

Irish and Pippa had quite a day hiking Flute three times.  They said the snow was amazing.  I have to admit I was a bit jealous.




0 comments: