Day 13 - Peak, 7th, Harmony open

The pineapple express moved off on Wednesday but left behind about 30cm of snow in the higher elevations.  Whistler Blackcomb opened Peak Chair and 7th Heaven on Saturday.  Irish was willing to get up early and give it a go but I said I didn't want to.  I hated the idea of getting up early for a couple of good turns and then waiting in line forever.  I heard the snow was awesome but the lineups were crazy.

Today, Whistler opened Harmony Chair.  People said the snow was filled in like it was mid to late February (everything is covered) and the snow was amazing.  I worked and didn't get a chance to sample the goods.  We had about 20 kids in snowboard lessons today and another 5 Lil Rippers.  I was given one Lil Ripper who was a level 3.

We spent the morning on the two carpets and after lunch we rode down to the Village then took one lap from the Roundhouse back to the CLC.  The snow was nice from RH to 3/4 of the way down Emerald Chair, where it started to get icy.  Luckily it was cold enough for the snow guns to cover most of the ice from Emerald back to the CLC.  The day went by fairly quickly as my kid provided some great entertainment for the day, including mimicking Macauley Culkin from Home Alone and telling me that Brandon Semenuk was his older brother.  Gotta love 6 year olds.    

0 comments: