Day 88 - best day of 2015

When I arrived at work this morning, I wasn't expecting to have the most amazing Saturday afternoon of the season.  Four out of six kids shared in the best day of Club.  5cm of snow fell overnight and it was snowing at CLC when we were heading up to the Roundhouse.  Maree wanted to take a run with us so we headed over towards Rat Fink and Marmot and rode down Green Acres.  The snow was surprisingly soft and we had an awesome warm up run over moguls and natural jumps.  The kids had a blast.

I decided to head up Harmony Chair, and on the way over, we found lots of fresh tracks through some trees and under the chair.  Once at the top, we made our way towards the t-bars and dropped down in more fresh and soft snow.  After lunch, it was more of the same.  This time we went up Peak Chair, my first time up Peak this season!  We dropped into Whiskey Bowl and headed towards Doom & Gloom.  The kids did amazing.  It was the first time this season I was able to watch them in the powder and assess their advanced riding skills.  I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.  They all killed it.

It was snowing like crazy at the CLC at the end of the day.  I don't think the forecast calls for much snow overnight but my fingers are crossed that the weathermen are wrong.  I wouldn't mind another soft snow day for tomorrow.    

0 comments: