Day 95 - winter arrives

Whistler Blackcomb reported only a few centimeters of new snow fell overnight.  It snowed all day.  In fact, it was a blizzard for most of the day at the CLC.  In the last 24hrs, we received 10cm of snow but I think that is a highly conservative number.  I was at the CLC all day but I overheard people, who had an opportunity to ski up top, say that the snow was amazing and it was a proper powder day.  The snow base is officially 207cm,  the highest its been all season.

Ten kids came into snowboard lessons today and I had two from England who were never-evers.  They were both 12 year old high level skiers wanting to give snowboarding a go.  I thought they would do well and I was correct.  By the end of the day, they were both turning down the Covered Carpet.  The day went by quite quickly for having level ones.  Both kids were quite athletic, highly intelligent, and very engaging.  I enjoyed teaching them.

0 comments: