Day 53 - Destination Mountain Exploration Day

For years I've been asking to have a training day so we can learn new places where we are allowed to take Whistler Kids.  I'm pretty good with terrain below Harmony and Peak Chair, but I'm not that comfortable teaching in the higher elevations.  Our management team put together such a training day today, and though it was an unpaid day, over thirty five ski and snowboard instructors showed up.  The schedulers managed to give everyone the day off by only scheduling instructors from Schools.

We headed Fitz Chair around 10:15am.  No new snow overnight (once again) and it was sunny and cold.  We started off by warming up on Fruity Trees, also known as Blue Velvet in the summer.  Most of the trails were hard packed.  We rolled through Marmot Trees and Coyote Trees before heading in for lunch.  I bailed after lunch as I had an early appointment.  It was a fun time shredding with a group of ten snowboarders.


0 comments: